The leadership at Redeemer’s Grace Church is excited and blessed to have our inaugural retreat at Camp Stevens in Julian this year. Remember that retreat is a time of rest and a time to dwell richly in God’s Word, all while spurring one another on and encouraging one another in the faith.
To best assist you, we’ve compiled a list of all the pertinent information you need to get to the retreat site and some suggestions about what to bring.
From church, your exact directions may vary.
Camp Steven’s address is: 1108 Banner Road Julian, CA 92036.
Things to bring!
- Clothing for moderately warm days and cool nights. Weather forecast says it should be in the 60s and 70s during the day and the high 30s/low 40s at night. It should not rain or snow, but you may want to take a jacket just in case.
- Shoes you don’t mind getting dirty (some of the roads are unpaved. There are also many hiking trails).
- A sleeping bag, pillow, towel, toiletries, medications.
- Camera, flashlight, etc.
- A reusable water bottle
- A mug (if you would like to partake of the free coffee).
- Snacks will be provided, but feel free to bring any additional snacks you would like.
- A little extra money in case you would like to stop by the town of Julian (which has really good apple pies) some time in the weekend.
- Rooms are dorm-style and we are all staying in the same lodge. I will give you your room assignments when you arrive. The rooms are heated, and the restrooms are inside, just across the hallway. please do not change the settings on the thermostats, and turn out the lights when you leave a room. If you are uncomfortable, let Kenny Trax know and he’ll contact the host.
- The camp asks that cell phone use be limited. Please do not use them at meal times. Let’s take a break from technology as much as possible!
- The camp’s philosophy is very eco-conscious, so please limit trash and waste as much as possible.
We will be responsible for setting tables, saying grace, and cleaning up for at least one of the mealtimes. the other groups present will have the same responsibility. There is a chance that one or more of the other groups at the camp this weekend will not be Christian groups. If they do something unusual for saying grace, be respectful, say grace at your own tables, and proceed to get food. Additionally, let us set a good example for all those around by serving joyfully without grumbling.